Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, who was guest of honour at the opening ceremony of the third edition of Celebrity Cricket League (CCL), is happy that actors are doing well on the cricket field and says he may hit the ground next year.
The month-long tournament began Saturday.
“I may play next year. The disadvantage with actors is that we are very busy. We have very long hours of work. In spite of all this, they are playing well. This is because cricket is their first love,” Salman told reporters Saturday, at the end of the second match here.
The 47-year-old, riding high on the success of his blockbusters like “Bodyguard”, “Dabangg” and “Dabangg 2″, said he plans to travel with the team to different venues.
He is happy that people are getting hooked on to the CCL tournament.
“It is a good thing that people are getting hooked on to this. It is great that actors are playing good cricket. It is a good combination of acting and cricket,” said the actor who would undertake a long-delayed trip abroad for treatment, which he had put off because of his acting schedule and the blackbuck poaching case in court.
Salman is suffering from trigeminal neuralgia and aneurysm. The patient in this condition suffers acute pain in his head, cheeks and jaws.
Salman had revealed to the media that he had the first attack of pain in the left side of his face during the making of his film ‘Partner’ (2007) and that the pain came back while he was shooting for ‘Veer’ (2010). He has now been suffering from the pain continuously since last year.
In 2011, Salman underwent a surgery in the US for the painful condition. – IANS