To sickos who think this is for publicity, 2 words Shut up! – Shahrukh

February 11, 2010

shahrukh khan twitter 200x276New Delhi, (BollywoodNewsWorld.com) Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is extremely upset that Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray and his son Udhav Thackeray “misconstrued” his comments and are now protesting against the release of his film “My Name Is Khan”.

“(I) feel awful that Balasahib and Udhav have misconstrued my words. The reactions of the Sena workers seem to make me believe that. Don’t want mayhem, anger and violence cos of our beautiful film…which talks about repairing a bruised and divided world,” Shah Rukh posted on microblogging site Twitter.

“I may not have the same ideologies as the Sena, but on the question of me being a patriot, I don’t think there should be any confusion,” he added.

The actor, who has been under attack from the Shiv Sena for his comment on the inclusion of Pakistani players in the Indian Premier League (IPL) T20 cricket tournament, is taking help of the social networking site to clarify his stance once and for all – so that his movie releases without any hindrance.

Since Tuesday, Shiv Sena supporters have been vandalising cinema halls and tearing up hoardings around Mumbai, forcing the authorities to arrest over 1,600 of them and to deploy extra policemen around cinema halls, where the movie is releasing Friday.

“I hope my Tweets (using the word first time) clear this cloud of confusion. I hope peace prevails and the city is at rest. Nobody wants the Mumbaikars or their property hurt and destroyed. Least of all me….This also is the last time I clarify or say anything on this topic. This is not a justification, it’s just reiterating the facts,” he posted.

“Hope peace prevails. Hope misunderstandings get cleared. Hope nobody is hurt. Hope all leaders and activists have largesse of heart. Hope…”

Shah Rukh, who is currently in Berlin for the premiere of the film along with co-star Kajol and director Karan Johar, had earlier said that he owes everything to Mumbai, loves “my country India, my family and freedom” and hates “anyone or anything that threatens my country.”

The 44-year-old is disturbed by talks that the issue is a mere publicity stunt.

“I want to enjoy my film everywhere. I want to enjoy it within myself and to sickos who think this is for publicity..2 words Shut up!” he said.

Shah Rukh wants to close the matter and says: “Anyone asks me about this issue anymore…they can read my Tweets. Now what happens with the release, the film, is the film’s fate. If my partners lose, so be it; if I lose so be it. My stardom is transient. My integrity in non-negotiable…my being Indian unquestionable.”

“My Name Is Khan” is set in post 9/11 period and in it Shah Rukh plays an autistic Muslim Rizwan Khan.



Related Posts


Related Tags: , , , , , , ,


Latest Bollywood Photos